Practicality, honesty, and patience
Raw link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhSzxhVibbc
This is another talk on philosophy. I recorded it while hiking. The main points are:
- A consideration of the practical aspects of my philosophy, such as the unity between mind and body (talking and breathing, walking, etc.).
- Honesty and introspection are the basics of philosophy. We start doing philosophy when we develop an awareness of what we do (mindfulness).
- A case study on dating. Being honest about our humanity helps us avoid the trap of being disappointed the whole time.
- How honesty helps us overcome our ego and be more considerate, empathetic persons.
- I understand why one is sceptical about the practicality of philosophy because (1) it is broad in scope and (2) there is a communication problem, including the pretentiousness of certain intellectuals.