Emacs: live stream today (2023-09-25) at 14:30 Europe/Athens time
With a focus on my 'denote' package
The video will be recorded and can be watched later. I will do some work on my Denote package and maybe tackle other Emacs-related issues. I plan to make this about 2 hours long, though we will see in practice.
Denote is a simple note-taking tool for Emacs. It is based on the idea that notes should follow a predictable and descriptive file-naming scheme. The file name must offer a clear indication of what the note is about, without reference to any other metadata. Denote basically streamlines the creation of such files while providing facilities to link between them.
Denote’s file-naming scheme is not limited to “notes”. It can be used for all types of file, including those that are not editable in Emacs, such as videos. Naming files in a consistent way makes their filtering and retrieval considerably easier. Denote provides relevant facilities to rename files, regardless of file type.
- Package name (GNU ELPA):
- Official manual: https://protesilaos.com/emacs/denote
- Change log: https://protesilaos.com/emacs/denote-changelog
- Git repo on SourceHut: https://git.sr.ht/~protesilaos/denote
- GitHub: https://github.com/protesilaos/denote
- GitLab: https://gitlab.com/protesilaos/denote
- Mailing list: https://lists.sr.ht/~protesilaos/denote
- Video demo: https://protesilaos.com/codelog/2022-06-18-denote-demo/
- Backronyms: Denote Everything Neatly; Omit The Excesses. Don’t Ever Note Only The Epiphenomenal.