Emacs: modus-themes version 4 demo
In this video, I demonstrate how the new theme palettes work with the inclusion of the abstraction of “semantic colour mappings”. The user can now override every single entry in the palette, thus refashioning every aspect of the theme.
This is a flexible and powerful mechanism that gives users near complete control over the looks of the theme. As such, I am deprecating user options that produced colour variations, as those were not flexible and made the code base much more complex.
The new version remains in development (check the
branch). I plan to merge it into
main in the coming days and
formalise the release by the end of December 2022 or the beginning of
- Package name (GNU ELPA):
modus-themes(also built into Emacs >= 28)
- Official manual: https://protesilaos.com/emacs/modus-themes
- Change log: https://protesilaos.com/emacs/modus-themes-changelog
- Colour palette: https://protesilaos.com/emacs/modus-themes-colors
- Sample pictures: https://protesilaos.com/emacs/modus-themes-pictures
- Git repo on SourceHut: https://git.sr.ht/~protesilaos/modus-themes
- Mailing list: https://lists.sr.ht/~protesilaos/modus-themes
- Backronym: My Old Display Unexpectedly Sharpened … themes