Dialogues on EU politics
On the specifics of EU politics and the European integration process
The book 'Dialogues on EU politics' addresses key technical and theoretical issues pertinent to the European Union and the integration process.
2. On the homogeneity of the European polity
Thoughts on what binds together the European Union.
3. On democracy, aristocracy, and ochlocracy
Discussion on the merits of European decision-making, the shortcomings of aristocracy, majoritarianism and mob rule, and the constraints involved.
4. On federalism and European integration
Thoughts on the existing federalist features of the European Union.
5. On EU differentiated integration
Thoughts on the multi-speed, multi-tier Europe.
6. On referenda and democracy
Thoughts on whether referenda express the will of the people, are appropriate and sufficient for a modern democracy.
7. On individualism, neoliberalism, and democracy
Thoughts on whether the EU is inherently neoliberal and how one can think in terms of its complexity.
The book 'Dialogues on EU politics' is part of my overall work on political analysis. Everything is available on protesilaos.com